We were very lucky to get to go up to Utah this year! Kevin went snowboarding and got super sore after he ate it trying to snowboard down a rail! :) X-Games makes it look so easy, so Kev thought he could possibly do it too!! The kids and I spent our time hanging out with my Sister Wendy and her kids! Zoe and Ryder loved all the attention their cousins gave them and seeing all the snow! And always Wendy and I did a super fun craft! Crafting just makes you feel good! By the way, check out how wet Ryder's shirt is- yep that is drool!!
After we got home from Utah Ryder was not feeling very well. I took him into the Doctors and then said he probably had RSV and we began breathing treatments. But that night he was really struggling to breathe and when I called the Doctor on Call he said to take him immediately to the hospital. So I did and turns out Ryder was really, really sick. He had RSV and Flu and ended up being admitted for three days :( They had to put an IV in- which he hated, but the extra fluids helped bring his heart rate down and get him feeling better. They also, often put a little tube down his throat to suck out some of the mucus. I am so grateful for modern medicine and Doctors!
In Feb. I ran in the Ragnar Relay with my sister-in-law Tara. It is a 200 mile race from Wickenburg to Tempe! I ran about 16 miles of the 200 and the rest was split up among our team of 12! It was definitely the longest I have ever run and I admit I wasn't very dedicated to my training! But it was tons of fun! Two days of running with no sleep! I know it sounds awful, but until you do it, you don't realize how fun it is! There are hundreds of people and each team decorates their cars and some even run in costume! You sleep in the car or in an open field! THe bathroom (port-a-potty) lines are never ending and you run in the middle of the night! It was a cool experience!
The Phoenix Zoo! So I went with Kristy, Courtney, Mom and the kiddos to the Zoo! It was Zoe and Ryder's first time! It was pretty warm for March, but it was pretty fun! I think we might of lasted longer if it wasn't so warm and if we had just one more extra set of hands!





No comments:
Post a Comment